We Reject: Kings, Presidents, and Voting.
We Believe in: Running Code and Rough Consensus.
|Prof. David Clark|
During his presentation, based on Prof. Clark's slides, he made a number of additional curious observations:
- Our best success was not computing, but hooking people together.
- The hacks of today are the commonplace of tomorrow.
- Security is a CRITICAL problem.
- What we should do: Fix insecure services: PASSWORDS
- The problem is assigning the correct degree of fear to distant elephants.
- If we have a problem it is due to too much success.