DHS HEADQUARTERSAgency Contact Information
1 vacancy in the following location:
Work Schedule is Full Time - Term NTE 3 years
Opened Tuesday 5/10/2016(2 day(s) ago)
Closes Monday 5/23/2016(11 day(s) away)
Salary Range$128,082.00 to $160,300.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-1701-15/15
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO), Human Resources Management and Services.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a member of the teaching faculty at the National Defense University (NDU): National War College or the Eisenhower School (formerly the Industrial College of the Armed Forces).
This job is a TERM appointment not to exceed 3 years. Initial appointment to this position may be extended to a total not to exceed 4 years, depending on agency requirements.
Major Duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, develops, and facilitates homeland security related courses and events, as well as develops homeland security curriculum to support existing and evolving academic requirements at the assigned institution.
- Prepares and delivers lectures and seminar instruction in the fields of national security policy, national strategy and related subject matters.
- Serves as one of the NDU President's senior advisors and technical experts on homeland security and national security development issues and keeps abreast of new policies, procedures, regulations, directives, priorities, etc. related to DHS and homeland security.
- Works with the NDU faculty and staff in the design, planning, and delivery of homeland security education through in class seminar sessions.
- Serves as faculty advisor to students in academic program decisions, in selection of topics for individual and group research, in research methods, and the preparation of papers and oral presentations.