Click here to view the Federal Register Notice for this June 2011 workshop.
The U.S. Department of Commerce will soon release a Notice of Inquiry (NOI) seeking comment on the requirements of and possible models for the NSTIC steering group models. This workshop will provide the opportunity for discussion and clarification of the NOI.
1. Provide participants with a better understanding of the role of governance in the Identity Ecosystem;
2. Create a foundation of understanding and additional clarity in regards to the NOI and response expectations;
3. Identify focus areas and collaborate upon potential models/structures of governance for the NPO and Steering Body;
4. Express requirements for the Steering Group from the government's perspective;
5. Hear and understand requirements for the Steering Group from attendees' perspectives; and
6. Collaborate and build an understanding of the government's role in establishing the Steering Body.
National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC)